The Center for Teaching Excellence aims to promote and enhance teaching excellence at Southern Wesleyan University through faculty support, professional development, innovative use of instructional technology, and continuous improvement within the learning environment.
Our mission is characterized by the following:
- supporting a community of teacher-scholars committed to exploring, implementing, and sharing best practices in teaching and learning;
- organizing and providing professional development for faculty in instruction-related topics;
- providing individualized consulting services in course design and instruction;
- encouraging the practice of learner-centered course design;
- promoting faith integration by resourcing instructors to improve their understanding of the relationship between their field and the Christian faith
- promoting interdepartmental collaboration;
- supporting continuous improvement through assessment and reflective practice; and
- promoting faculty leadership in the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning.