SWU Global Engagement 2023
Panama: Spring Break March 4-10, 2023
- Destination: Panama
- Dates: Depart- 3/4, Return- 3/10
- Approximate Cost: $1800 (includes airfare, ground transportation, meals, lodging and ministry costs)
- Team Leader: Christy Van Steenburg, Global Partners Missionary and Global Engagement Coordinator
- Team: Open to faculty, staff, and students
- Team Size: 8-12
- Mission: We will be partnering with The Wesleyan Church of Panama. Specifically working with one of the churches, in a Kuna community. Our goal will be to partner with the dreams, goals, and vision of the pastor and his/her leaders.
- Application Deadline: Monday, January 16 (however, please apply ASAP)
Dominican Republic: Spring Break: March 6-10, 2023
- Destination: Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
- Dates: Depart – 3/6. Return –3/10
- Approximate Cost: $1800 (includes airfare, all ground transportation, meals, and lodging).
- Team Leader: Dr. Brad Bowen, Director for Campus Safety and experienced Global Engagement team leader.
- Team: Open to faculty, staff, and students. Team Size: 8-12
- Mission: Partnering with Crossover Cups Mission (https://cupsmission.com/) in the Dominican Republic. Focusing on ministry to needy children and families and community development.
- Application Deadline: Monday, January 30 (however, please apply ASAP)