SWU Global Engagement 2022
Panama: Spring Break March 5-11, 2022
- Destination: Panama
- Dates: March 12-18, 2022
- Approximate Cost: $1500 This will cover all your trip expenses, including plane fare.
- Team Leader: Brent Dongell and Barry Van Steenburg III Team Size: 12 Full
- Mission: Ministry with children and youth; church development
- Application Deadline: Full
Egypt: Spring Break March 4-13, 2022
- Destination: Cairo, Egypt
- Dates: Depart – Friday 3/4 Return – Sunday 3/13
- Approximate Cost: Approximately $2000
- Team Leader: Dr. Paul Shotsberger, former missionary to Ukraine, with mission experience in Egypt and other countries.
- Team: Open to faculty, staff, and students. Team Size: 6-8
- Mission: Collaborating with Transforming Nations (transforming-nations.org). Assisting in a local church plant by encouraging church planters and hosting a children’s camp and women’s ministry events.
- Touring Opportunities: There will be opportunity to tour Cairo and Egypt, including the pyramids, the Sphinx, and the National Museum.
- Application Deadline: Dec 9th
Dominican Republic: Spring Break: March 7-12, 2022
- Destination: Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
- Dates: Depart – Monday 3/7. Return – Saturday 3/12
- Approximate Cost: $1580 Includes $720, for airfare.
- Team Leader: Dr. Brad Bowen, Director for Campus Safety and experienced Global Engagement team leader.
- Team: Open to faculty, staff, and students. Team Size: 8-12
- Mission: Partnering with Crossover Cups Mission (https://cupsmission.com/) in the Dominican Republic. Focusing on ministry to needy children and families and community development.
- Application Deadline: Monday, January 31